It appears that the last day of November is upon. Where does the time go?
Things that have been accomplished with December 1 deadlines:
- The big consortium NSF IUSE grant has been submitted not that I did much. The drive and innovation came from outside. I recognized the opportunity and brought people together locally. Others did the real work. I’m along for the ride.
- Completed two “interviews” for upcoming articles. My contributions could end up in the author’s or editor’s deletions but I did my part. We’ll see what happens.
- Completed the annual open enrollment process and spousal attestations (just a few minutes ago actually).
- Made a Giving Tuesday “commercial” for the MAA.
- Drew a (yet to be revealed) bonus portrait for the second stretch goal of the AMW’s Even Quads kickstarter campaign. The first portrait I contributed was featured in their campaign materials last month:
Things yet to be completed before the month is over:
- Catch up on my grading (like that is ever going to happen.)
- The letters of recommendation for graduate school that are due tomorrow (just a couple tonight with many more to come.)
- Final preparations for the third oral assessment of the quarter with interviews starting tomorrow morning and continuing all week.
Rather than wishing for more time, I find that I want the next three weeks to go as quickly as possible so I can put this quarter behind me and start fresh for winter.