Welcome to Day 1 of the Pacific Northwest MAA Section Meeting. What a treat to be at an in person meeting in my home section! True, we had to show vaccination status (or a negative covid test) and wear masks, but it was so wonderful to be with friends—many of whom I have not seen, except on Zoom, since Spring 2019 at University of Portland.
- We talked about teaching. Not the “how do I survive” conversations of the past two years but the “how do I help my students thrive” conversations.
- We explored Bellingham, WA for lunch and found Ethiopian food.
- Allison Henrich gave me a special, personal, lovely introduction.
- And I gave a talk to a full house that engaged, enjoyed, and made my day. It filled my heart and recharged my batteries.
- Oh, and I got in over 10K steps for the first time in a very long time. My knee is mildly complaining about it tonight but I didn’t notice it at the time.
One thought on “April 1 Day 754: PNWMAA ❤️”